My highlights of 2012

In the midst of all this hideous weather happening in QLD, I figured it would be best to remember that there are people out there doing it tougher than me (I was sitting in my little apartment writing this without power and gas… trying not to get frustrated) and that I should concentrate on all the things I’m grateful for.

Which would include a wonderful year last year, where many lots of wonderful things happened – not the least of which being that I photographed some beautiful weddings, I got MARRIED (!), and I went on an amazing honeymoon.

So I’ve decided to share my highlights of 2012 with you! Here we go…

Some wonderful and beautiful people let me into their lives to photograph them.

Bec&LJ_320
CCBlog019
Katherine10
Ash&Scott_218
Ben&Kirsty_055
Lindsey&Scott_363
Louise&Kelly_059
Vicky&Greg_217

I got to spend some time with some awesome people at weddings, engagement shoots, and other fun times last year. I’m always so grateful to all the people who invite me into their lives for a beautiful moment; that they trust me to capture something special. Thank you, all of you! I wish you all the very best for 2013!

I got married in November


A culmination of a year’s planning, Luke and I finally said ‘I do’ at O’Reilly’s Canungra Valley Vineyards in November. It was fun and beautiful and sweet and awesome and a blast. We made all the decorations ourselves, we did all the flower arrangements ourselves, we wrote our own personal vows and we danced the night away with all our friends and family. It was everything we could have wished for!

Our friends and fellow photographers Julian Beattie and Steve Elmer did a beautiful job photographing our wedding and we couldn’t be happier!

Then I went on an amazing honeymoon to Fiji
  honeymoon-images

Fiji! Huzzah! 8 days in the sun on a tropical island! (Which meant that little ol’ me with my Anglo-Saxon Scottish ancestral white skin got quite spectacularly burnt the first day we were there, but we roll with it, right?) During our time at Navutu Stars in the Yasawa Islands, we ate fresh local food, wandered around the island’s beaches, snorkelled, swam, napped, drank many fabulous cocktails and visited with the locals of Yaqueta Village (which was, actually, my favourite part of the holiday!). We got to visit the local school as well as the village and meet with the local children who came to sing to us at Navutu. The Fijians are truly the most wonderful people! I came away feeling like I could learn a lot from their way of life.

A couple of weeks after we got back from Fiji, cyclone Evan tore through the country. I do hope the people of Yaqueta Village were safe throughout that ordeal!

So, 2012 was pretty awesome. I’m more determined than ever to make 2013 just as awesome! Bring it on I say! I hope your 2012 was lovely and that your 2013 will be even brighter. :)

Look out next week for another post that I’m going to make on dreams for 2013. YAY!








Leave A Comment

Hi, There! Thank you so much for your sweet messages - I really appreciate it! :)